Frederick Street & Ampton Street, Camden
A portfolio of almost 90 Grade II Listed properties in Frederick Street, Ampton Street & Ampton Place. Located between Gray’s Inn Road to the west and King’s Cross Road to the east.
Originally developed during the period 1815 to 1850 by the builders Thomas and William Cubitt. The buildings were acquired by Community Housing Association in the 1970’s and subsequently converted in the early 1980’s into 220 flats and maisonettes.
In 2010 One Housing commissioned Project 5 Architecture to carry out a £26 million, multi-phased programme of major refurbishment and improvement works. The eighth and final phase successfully completed in early 2020.
photos: Emma Harper (emmaharperphotography.com)